Anguilla Archaeological and Historical Society Limited

BOARD MEETING HELD AT YOUTH AND CULTURE CONFERENCE ROOM ON 4 JUNE 2008

 

PRESENT:

Kenn Banks

Bob Conrich

Steve Donahue

Graham Crabtree

Don Mitchell

JoAsh Proctor

Aileen Smith

 

1. Commencement: The meeting began at 4:50 pm.

 

2. Agenda: The following Agenda was adopted:

 

AGENDA

1. Adoption of Agenda

2. Adoption of the Minutes of 29 April 2008

3. Matters Arising

4. Correspondence

(a) James C Gumbs of 6 May 2008

(b) Graham's of 30 April on Museum Co5. New Business

 

6. Any Other Business

7. Adjournment

 

3. Adoption of Minutes of 29 April 2008

The Board minutes of 1 April were unanimously adopted.

4. Matters Arising from the Minutes of 1 April 2008

 

Paragraph 2(i): Missing Minutes - The Secretary reported that a nearly complete file of past Board and Membership Meeting minutes had been put together. Graham as Registered Agent of the Company would hold the file, and would bring it to every meeting so that the history of the Society's decisions would be immediately available for consultation by any meeting.

 

(ii): Reinstatement of Company - Graham reported that a glitch had arisen in registering the company as he had to get access to ACORN. It was being worked on and expected the company to be re-registered by close of business the following day. Aileen offered to speak to the Registrar about deferring or reducing filing fees.

 

(iii): Christmas Cards Aileen has not found the designs. Ken will do a search and email Aileen and Steve anthing he finds. Steve will show them to a printer and see if they can be reproduced.

 

(iv): Membership Drive Steve reported that the invitations had gone out by email and by paper. A total of 2,500 copies had been printed at a cost of US$125.00. Expense approved.

 

(v): Historic Signs Ken produced a draft project proposal to make and erect the signs at approximately 14 sites and at a cost of US$3,520.00. The project was approved in principle. Don is to type up the list of proposed sites. Members would circulate by email ideas for additional sites the text for the plaques.

 

(vi): Booklet Aileen reported that her daughter Adele is going to send a copy of the entire package to us.

 

(vii): Lilli Grout's Visit Bob reported that Lilli arrives tomorrow at noon. She leaves on 13 June. Bob is putting together her schedule.

 

(a): General Meeting It was agreed that this would not be useful at this time.

 

(b): Informal Meetings JoAsh is arranging for Lilli to meet young people and others. Ken is arranging a meeting with the police at 2pm on Monday.

 

(c): Bar-B-Q Instead, it was agreed to have the Board and membership meet Lilli on Monday at 5:00 on Don and Maggie's verandah for cocktails. Don to invite all members whose email address he has to bring a bottle or a small plate of hors d'oevres.

 

(viii): Representative to ANT Bob was nominated to be the second member on the ANT Council. Steve would do a letter for Ken to sign informing the Council of the appointment.

 

4(a): Trip to St Maarten It was decided not to organise this at this time.

 

(b): Embargo of Sites No further action.

 

(c): El Buen Consejo No further action.

 

5. Correspondence

Not dealt with due to lack of time.

6. New Business

Nothing.

7. Any Other Business

None

Action

 

 

 

 

Graham

 

 

Graham

 

 

Aileen

 

 

Ken

Steve

 

 

 

Steve

 

 

 

Don

 

 

 

 

Aileen

 

 

 

Bob

 

 

 

 

JoAsh

Ken

 

 

 

 

Don

 

 

 

Steve

Ken

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8. Date of next meeting and adjournment

(a) Next Board Meeting to be on Tuesday 1 July at 4:15 pm at the same place.

(b) The meeting adjourned at 6:45 pm

 

 

 

 

Submitted: Don Mitchell CBE QC